Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ramblings.

I haven't posted in this blog for almost exactly a year. That. Is. Crazy. Every year seems to go by that much quicker. This fact makes me less than happy! So much has happened in this year. I feel like I said that very thing this time LAST year. I guess that just goes to show that no matter how much you think you know, a year later you'll look back and realize you really didn't know anything at all. I'm sure a year from now I'll be saying the exact same thing.
SO, lessons I've learned this year.
1) Take the time to stop, no matter what is going on in your life, and be thankful. Think about that pencil you're holding. It's something small that we never stop to thank the Lord for, but some people would feel rich if they were holding that pencil. Be thankful for class. That's the hardest thing for me to be thankful for.
2) Talk to someone much older than you. Take their advice and soak up their wisdom. You'll be so glad you did.
3) Be nice to people. You never know what someone might be dealing with. I was having a really bad day and a random girl that was ringing me up at the grocery store was SO sweet to me. It made my day. On the other hand, I was having a bad day and someone was really mean to me. I cried all the way home. You could make or break a persons day.
4) Be creative. Paint or learn to knit. Look up craft ideas online and make something.
5) Take time for yourself. It's okay to not do everything for everyone all the time. People will understand.
6) Stand up for yourself. Say what you feel. Don't keep things in. Don't take things you don't deserve. You'll drown in your own emotion if you live life that way. Defend yourself and do it with love.
7) Spend the day with a child. You'll be surprised how much wisdom their little words can hold.
8) Trust in the Lord's timing. "He has made EVERYTHING beautiful in it's time." -Ecclesia 3:11
His plan is perfect. I thought I had learned this lesson last year, but I have recently realized how much I need to trust more in His timing and less in where I think I should be.
9) Love everyone. Give your heart to the people who deserve it.
10) Don't lose faith in love. It's beautiful. Don't lose faith in people. Love them instead. Don't lose faith in yourself. You're stronger than you think!
Im making a resolution to actually keep up with this blog. More for myself. I like to go back remind myself of things. BUT, if any of you actually take time out of your day to read my ramblings, that's cool too :)
I moved back home. That's a longer story for another post, but long story short, I have opportunities and I am going to take them! I'm very excited about the possibilities :) It invloves movies and that notebook of songs I've written. Yeeeeeeah!
Right now I'm just thankful for Christmas break and thankful for all the sparkly decorations that surround me everyday during the holiday season. It's like magic. Spending time with people I love and reconnecting with people I've missed. Love.
If you spent your valuable time reading all of this, I thank you :) You've helped make this blog a little less pointless!

No comments:

Post a Comment