Thursday, February 17, 2011








I am in love with the year 2011 thus far. :) School has been insanely busy and I've gotten sick a million times and have been literally drowning in makeup work, but life is just so much happier these days. Letting go of things from your past and things that weigh you down..things that happened and you cant change therefore aren't worth your time...feels amazingly wonderful. Looking ahead with a positive attitude and an open mind seems to make the sun shine a little bit brighter.
I was recently formally pledged to Phi Mu! I am loving it so much. I've met so many great girls and made so many new friends the past few weeks. I'm so excited about it and can't wait until things really get going and I'm more involved. I get iniciated in April and then I'll be an active member. Right now Im a provisional member and technically called a Phi. I get my Mu when I get iniciated :) I have a Big, but I don't know who she is yet. I get to find out in about 3 weeks and Im soooo excited! She gave me such a sweet sweet gift Tuesday and I can't wait till I can thank HER for it and not all the girls just so I make sure I cover anyone it could be!

This is my beautiful Phi Class! I love these girls already and am very happy to get to share this with them.
I was reading one of my sister's blogs and she wrote something that was not only beautifully said, but definitely hit home for me. She said, "One thing is certain- we're all connected. And we can't see these connections. Only He can. Thank God only He can. I'd probably have an anxiety attack if I knew what I had comin. Two years ago I would have tried to change what ended up happening, but then I wouldn't think like I do, and I wouldn't laugh like I do, and I wouldn't thank like I do." (Compliments of Mechay Rush :) http://mechayrush.blogspot.com/) I've been thinking the past few days about how my actions and my decisions effect everyone around me..not just me. Reverse that..others decisions and actions can effect me as well, even if they don't even have me in mind while they are making said decision. A decision I made over a year ago is directly effecting someone I care for very much now, a year later, and I hardley knew this person back then. Had I known how things were going to play out and where I would be today, I would have done everything completely different. But, what kind of person would I be now? I would I appreciate the people in my life as much? No. Would I be careful with how I react and handle things? No. Would I be as compassionate as I am? Doubt it. Would I be as thankful as I am for God's grace and mercy? Doubt that as well. There are so many aspects of myself that would be different now had I known everything before it happened and changed it before it could get to me. So, while its so important to make the right decisions and take in account everyone it could effect instead of just thinking about yourself, it's also important to remember that God is in control and while we make our own decisions with our own free will, He will use those decisions to get us to where we need to be. I may have had to go through some rough times to get to where I am now, and where I am now is better than I could have dreamed life would be a year ago.








So now...pictures I feel need to be shared :)




she's just so cute this speaks for itself..
fun times in Jackson Mississippi :)
fun times at the St. Louis Arch :)






No comments:

Post a Comment