Sunday, October 13, 2013

Insomia runs rampant. And so do my thoughts.


Between the 19 hours I am taking, the social life I am trying to have, and the sleep I am unsuccessfully trying to get, blogging is just not something I have time to do (although apparently I have time to browse Pinterest until 3am when I should be sleeping. Or studying. But whatever) Anyways, speaking of Pinterest, I found something on there just now that I wanted to share :) It said:

"I know you lost someone and it hurts. You may have lost them suddenly, unexpectedly. Or perhaps you began losing pieces of them until one day, there was nothing left. You may have known them all your life or you may barely know them at all. Either way, it is irrelevant. You cannot control the depth of a wound another soul inflicts on you. Which is why I am not here to tell you that tomorrow is another day.That the sun will go on shining. Or there are plenty of fish in the sea.What I will tell you is this; it's okay to be hurting as much as you are. What you are feeling is not only completely valid, but necessary. Because it makes you so much more human. And though I can't promise you that it will get better anytime soon, I can tell you that it will. Eventually. For now, all you can do it take your time. Take all the time you need." -Lang Leave

I love that. It has occurred to me recently as I have watched myself, and other people around me, go through hard things, that people really beat themselves up for being sad. They don't let themselves feel it. It's like they don't think it's okay for them to be hurting. It's not okay for them to not be okay. So, they push it away and smile and pretend to not be sad. And it's not just in the context of losing someone, like that quote focused on. But also just in a general sense. Anything that could make you sad or hurt your feelings. There was another quote that I found (also on Pinterest because thats apparently what I do with my life) and it said something along the lines of "I find it much more bearable to be sad when I'm not constantly beating myself for being sad." I couldn't find it again and I dont remember the exact wording or who said it. But it's so very true. It's okay to be sad and to admit to yourself and other people that you're sad. Don't torture yourself by biting your lip and denying it. That always just makes you sadder. Sadness isn't weakness. Anyone can cover up their feelings and pretend to be on top of the world. But showing your vulnerability. That's brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment